Updates on our Reopening!
WE ARE OPEN!
Monday through Friday: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (please ring doorbell outside for assistance)
**Please note: the Parish Office will be closed for the holiday on Friday, July 3rd**
IN-PERSON MASS TIMES: (beginning July 1st)
** Please sign up on the link provided below in order to attend an in-person Mass at this time on the weekends. Masks and social distancing are required.**
Saturday 5:30 pm
Sunday at 8:30 am & 10:00 am
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 am
**Please join us for Adoration – Fridays right after daily Mass, with benediction at 8:30 am**
Thursday – Communion Service only at 7:00 am
Saturday morning Mass at 8:30 am
We are allowed to have 100 parishioners at Masses beginning 6/13/20. We will seat half upstairs and half downstairs to maintain proper distancing requirements. We do still need you to sign up for each Mass you want to attend on the weekend (daily Mass not necessary to sign up) on the SignUpGenius link that follows.
HOW TO SIGN UP TO ATTEND MASS:
- Use SignUpGenius online to view and select a slot at Mass for each member of your family by clicking the appropriate link:
- If you are having trouble signing up or don’t have internet access, please call the Sacred Heart office at 815-625-1134 to reserve a spot.
If you are interested in volunteering as a Greeter/Usher or Cleaner for Mass (need to be under 65 yrs of age and not have any at-risk health conditions for covid), please call (815-625-1134) or email (email@example.com) the parish office. Training is provided.
Information on Live Stream Masses, Drive-up Confessions, and More!
Online Streamed Mass:
Father Bruce will continue to live stream Sunday Mass. Our next one will be Sunday, July 5th at 10:00 am from Sacred Heart Church. You can watch live or on-demand by clicking HERE.
If you need confession, Father Bruce offers confession times in the back east corner of the church:
Mondays: 7:30 am – 8:00 am
Tuesdays: 7:30 am – 8:00 am
Saturdays: 9:00 – 9:30am AND 4:30 pm – 5:15 pm
Spiritual Act of Communion Prayer
Father Bruce presents a 3-part video series on the visions of St. Bridget of Sweden
Please watch as Father Bruce presents talks on The Scourging, The Crowning of Thorns, and the Carrying of the Cross; all based on the meditations of St. Bridget of Sweden. You can find these videos on our YouTube channel by clicking on these links:
- Polish General Kościuszko, Great American Revolutionary July 4, 2020By Carrie Gress | This 4th of July it seems appropriate to look at one of the great contributors to American Independence. Polish-born General Tadeusz Kościuszko is no stranger to history buffs, but to many Americans today his...NCRegister
- Even More Patriotic Hymns for the 4th of July July 4, 2020By Joseph Pronechen | While God Bless America, America the Beautiful and America known popularly as My Country ‘Tis of Thee are the best known of the patriotic hymns or songs as noted in another Register article, there are...NCRegister
- Are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness Still Self-Evident Rights? July 4, 2020By John Clark | On the Fourth of July, we Americans celebrate the Declaration of Independence, the birth announcement of America to the world. We ponder these immortal words of Thomas Jefferson: “We hold these truths to be...NCRegister
- Catholic Contributors to Independence: Faithful Patriots Played Significant Roles July 4, 2020By Joseph Pronechen | Many people know that Charles Carroll of Carrollton was the only Catholic who signed the Declaration of Independence, but many other Catholics contributed in a significant way to...NCRegister
- Thoughts for the Fourth: Recalling the Freedoms Contained in the Declaration July 4, 2020By Lawrence P. Grayson | The Fourth of July is typically a day of joyous festivities celebrating America’s birth as a nation. Today, however, the country is experiencing spirit-wrenching events. The...NCRegister
- Is the American Founding Compatible With a Catholic Vision of the Human Person? July 4, 2020By John M. Grondelski | What happened on July 4, 1776? The basic factual explanation is that the Continental Congress in Philadelphia approved what we call the Declaration of Independence. What is...NCRegister
- Pope Francis Makes Donation to Food Programme as Pandemic Causes Hunger July 4, 2020By Courtney Mares/CNA. | VATICAN CITY — Pope Francis has made a donation to the World Food Programme as the organization works to feed 270 million people this year amid rising hunger caused by the...NCRegister
- On the Limits of Identity Politics July 3, 2020By Jennifer Fitz | Over the past several months, my social media feeds have gone topsy-turvy, and a conversation in a hotel parking lot sums it up. I was having my morning coffee and this guy was also having his coffee, out in...NCRegister
- St. Ephrem the Deacon, and other Saintly Deacons July 3, 2020By Kevin Di Camillo | St. Ephrem the Deacon is the only Eastern deacon who is a Doctor of the Church, and was known even during his own lifetime as “The Harp of The Holy Ghost” — mainly for his ability to set theological...NCRegister
- St. Thomas – More Than Just a Doubter July 3, 2020By Theresa Doyle-Nelson | Thomas answered and said to him, “My Lord and my God!” ―John 20:28 Although several stories of doubt exist in the Bible, it is Thomas’s incident that seems to catch the most attention, earning him the...NCRegister