Updates on our Reopening!
We submitted our plan for certification for the re-opening of Sacred Heart to the diocese and it has been approved! We will begin public prayer in the church on May 26, and start having Masses beginning June 1st. Please read the letter from Father Bruce below with all the details, as well as watch the video from Bishop Malloy on re-opening. We ask for your prayers as we work hard to re-open for you, thank you!
HOW TO SIGN UP TO ATTEND MASS:
- Use SignUpGenius online to view and select a slot at Mass for each member of your family by clicking this link: SignUpGenius – June Masses
- Call the Sacred Heart office at 815-625-1134 to reserve a spot if you don’t have access to SignUpGenius online.
We ask that you only sign up for ONE Mass in the month of June at this time, in order for all our parishioners to have a chance to come to Mass due to the restrictions on attendance. UPDATE 6/1: Starting at 9:00 am the day before any weekday Mass you can call the office or sign-up online to fill any open slots for the next day’s Mass, even if you are signed up for other Masses! Use the link in #1 above.
If you are interested in volunteering as a Greeter/Usher or Cleaner for Mass (need to be under 65 yrs of age and not have any at-risk health conditions for covid), please call (815-625-1134) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the parish office. Training is provided.
Information on Live Stream Masses, Drive-up Confessions, and More!
Father Bruce will live stream daily Mass on Wednesday, June 3rd at 10:00 am from Sacred Heart Church. You can watch live or on-demand by clicking HERE.
For a document on how to prepare for Mass at home, CLICK HERE.
Our weekly missalettes are now available for you to pick up for use at home to follow along with Mass! You can find them just outside the wood doors at Sacred Heart (by our Mary statue) Monday thru Thursday from 10:00am – 1:00pm. We ask for a small $3 donation to be put in the mail slot if you are able.
If you need confession, Father Bruce offers drive-up confession times in the circle drive at these times below:
Mondays: 12:00 – 12:30pm
Tuesdays: 5:00 – 5:30pm
Saturdays: 9:00 – 9:30am and 4:30 – 5:00pm
Spiritual Act of Communion Prayer
Searching for More? Watch THE SEARCH on FORMED!
Sometimes we get so caught up in the depth of our faith that we forget what it was like to first wrestle with the big questions – Who am I? What am I searching for? What’s our shared story? Who is Jesus? Why do we need a Church? Is there a God? We all need to get back to the basics to make sure the foundation is strong.
FORMED is excited to introduce The Search, a new 7-part Augustine Institute Original Series with the goal of lighting that first fire in those who don’t yet know the faith or reigniting the fire in those who need a primer on the foundational questions. The videos in this series are incredible, and will speak to viewers of any age.
Episodes will be available on Fridays starting May 6th, and each episode is viewable through the following week. Please see the release schedule by clicking on this link.
If you already have a FORMED account through our parish, CLICK HERE to access this week’s video for Episode #4 (available on May 29th)
If you still need a FORMED account, go to THIS LINK, search for Sacred Heart Church in Sterling, IL and you will be guided on how to set up your FREE account sponsored by Sacred Heart.
Father Bruce presents a 3-part video series on the visions of St. Bridget of Sweden
During this Holy Week, please join us as Father Bruce presents talks on The Scourging, The Crowning of Thorns, and the Carrying of the Cross; all based on the meditations of St. Bridget of Sweden. You can find these videos on our YouTube channel by clicking on these links:
- Does Archbishop Gregory’s Objection to Trump Break New Ground? June 5, 2020By Father Raymond J. de Souza | The controversy over President Donald Trump’s visit to the St. John Paul II National Shrine highlighted a potential new development in the Catholic Church’s...NCRegister
- Apostolates Battle Financial Pain Wrought by Coronavirus June 5, 2020By Judy Roberts | Sean Forrest had a mission group ready to leave for Haiti on March 17 when the first wave of coronavirus restrictions made it clear the trip would have to be canceled. Two days later,...NCRegister
- Painting Of The Day Is Norman Rockwells Breaking Home Ties, Baptists At Council Of Nicea, And More! June 5, 2020By Tito Edwards | Painting of the Day: Breaking Home Ties by Norman Rockwell – Anthony M. Esolen, Ph.D., at Jasper via Magdalen College +1 Baptists at the Council of Nicea? – Fr. Hugh Barbour, O. Præm.,...NCRegister
- Bishop Murry of Youngstown Dies After Stepping Down Due to Leukemia June 5, 2020By Catholic News Agency | YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio — Just days after submitting his resignation as bishop of the Diocese of Youngstown, Ohio, due to a recurrence of leukemia, Jesuit Bishop George Murry,...NCRegister
- Letters 06.07.20 June 5, 2020By The Editors | Church in Lockdown Relative to “Holy Week in Holy Land: Coronavirus Means No Pilgrims” (April 8, online at NCRegister.com): To live and witness the moments we called “holy” in religion come and pass us by...NCRegister
- TV Picks 06.07.20 June 5, 2020By Daniel J. Engler | MONDAY-SATURDAY, June 8-13, 5:30pm The Meaning of Suffering EWTN This series’ episodes focus on the themes of: “Light Out of Darkness,” “A Different Spirit,” “God Cares for...NCRegister
- Home Video Picks & Passes 06.07.20 June 5, 2020By Steven D. Greydanus | Studio Ghibli / Hayao Miyazaki films — PICKS Another streaming service? Warner Bros’ new HBO Max service is one to watch; among other things, that’s where Studio Ghibli...NCRegister
- The Trinitarian Dimension of Life-Giving Love June 5, 2020By Sister Mary Madeline Todd | Sunday, June 7, is the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity. Mass readings: Exodus 34:4-6,8-9; Daniel 3:52-56; 2 Corinthians 13:11-13; John 3:16-18. There is...NCRegister
- ‘We Will Be Priests’: Ordinations Continue Despite Coronavirus June 5, 2020By Patti Armstrong | Through Christian persecutions, times of war, calamities of all sorts, and now the coronavirus, men continue to answer Christ’s call to his priesthood. In dioceses throughout the...NCRegister
- Despite the Pandemic, Catholic Shrine Enjoys ‘Biggest Pilgrimage Season’ in its History June 5, 2020By Catholic News Agency | NORFOLK, England — When the coronavirus pandemic gripped England in March, the Catholic National Shrine of Our Lady in Walsingham was forced to close and cancel...NCRegister